Happy Birthday Dad

So a few days ago was my father's birthday, happy 46th birthday papa, and I had to think about what to get him for a present within a small budget. Luckily for me, my father is the most un- materialistic person (a quality which was definitely not passed down to me) and so I decided to make him stuff instead. So I made him an incredibly long mix tape - it ended up being a mixed dvd due to lack of space on a regular cd - took him out for breakfast and made him this incredibly easy and incredibly delicious (if I do say so myself) Rocky Road.

I thought I'd include the recipe, and some poorly taken photos (bear with me as I am learning the ropes on this whole photography thing) of the rocky road as it really is ludicrously simple and yummy :)!!

What You Will Need:
 x     2 family-sized blocks Cadbury chocolate - I used one dairy milk, one hazelnut
 x     2 packets of marshmallows
 x     100g turkish delight - my dad doesn't like turkish delight so I used strawberry flavoured liquorice - I was a bit iffy about trying this, but it's so yum
 x     100g unsalted cashews, roughly halved - I added more, but that's personal taste
 x     1/2 cup desiccated coconut


What To Do:
Fill a saucepan 1/4 of the way with water, and bring to the boil. Cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting bowl. Break up both blocks of chocolate and melt in the bowl over the boiling water. Remove from the heat.


Dice turkish delight (or liquorice) into small cubes. Add it to the melted chocolate along with the marshmallows and cashews. Mix until all ingredients are covered in chocolate.

Line a baking tray with cling wrap and pour the mixture into the tray and refrigerate overnight.

Here's a picture of the finished product. Not very attractive photo, but oh-so-yum!!!


If you try this recipe and like it, let me know! Or if you have any recipes you'd like to share, please do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment