As Christmas is only a week away (crazy right???) I thought I'd complete this little quiz for fun.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? As it is Summer here for me, I'd have to go with egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them for sure. Wrapping is part of the fun in the build up to Christmas and one of my favourite family traditions is sitting in a circle and going round one by one opening only one gift at a time. That way we get to see them rip open the paper and the excitement that shows on their face.
3. Coloured lights on the tree/house or white? Definitely coloured. I love as much colour as possible during the Christmas season. It adds to the festivities.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No actually. I've never seen anyone do that besides in the movies. Plus it would be no fun having to repeatedly kiss all of your family members. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, I'm just more of a hugging type girl.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Well it really depends on how lazy I'm feeling, but I do my very best to at least put my Christmas tree up on the first of December. That's definitely a must!
6. What is your favourite holiday dish? My favourite holiday food would have to be mince pies. They are the one thing that we have every single Christmas without fail and they are just delicious!
7. Favourite holiday memory as a child? My favourite memories are those where we had a big family celebration. My family tends to be a bit all over the place each year some going overseas, some merely busy so my favourite Christmas memories are those when everyone came together as a huge group. One year in particular my uncle and aunty came over from England, my grandmother came over from South Africa and some family friends came down from Sydney and we had the most wonderful day.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 8 years old and I was at my aunty's house. Up until then I had been very believing and passionate about the whole Santa thing, so much so that I even got into a few fights at Primary School and may have even lied about meeting Santa. My Aunty then decided that I was far too old to believe in such things and told me. I remember calling my parents and asking them and then refusing to talk to them as they had lied to me.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. My family has never done that and I actually prefer our traditions, so I'm happy to wait.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We've had the same tree and the same decorations ever since we moved to Australia but I love it. I decorate the tree with tinsel and random ornaments we've collected over the years and of course lights, and it's still just as magical every year.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love snow but not fan of cold. We have Christmas in summer here and I have always wanted to have a white Christmas. That is my goal one day.
12. Can you ice skate? Heeeck no. I can barely roller blade.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? Uuuummmm. I don't think I've ever had a favourite gift. Or I might just have a terrible memory (entirely possible).
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? I know this is so cliche, but spending time with family and friends. I love everyone coming together and having fun. I also love love love spoiling my friends and family.
15. What is your favourite holiday dessert? I'd possibly have to say pavlova. It was never really considered a holiday dessert for us until we came to Australia but now I love having it on Christmas. I am even making one this year!!!
16. What is your favourite holiday tradition? I don't think my family really has traditions as such. I do love the way we organise our day. We start off in the morning waking up and having mince pies and shortbread and coffee and opening our stockings together. Yes, we still do stockings and I do one for my mum. Nothing big or fancy, just little knick knack things. Then we might or might not go to Church (sometimes we go to a service on Christmas Eve instead). We then come home, have a huge lunch, sit around talking and open our presents whilst having more mince pies and coffee. It's just so joyful, I love it.
17. What tops your tree? A big silver star. We used to have one that lights up, but it kept making the tree tip over. Yes, that's how heavy and huge it was!!!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Definitely giving. I just love love love buying people presents (spending more money than I actually have), planning the perfect gift, wrapping it up nicely and seeing their faces as they open it.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum I'd say but you can't have to much. They can be a bit intense.
20. Favourite Christmas show? Goodness, I love them all. I usually watch Love Actually, the Grinch, Santa Clause (with Tim Allen), Home Alone and what ever other Christmassy movies are on. There's something so magical about sitting watching Christmas movies at night, with some egg nog, lights dimmed and Christmas lights on. I love it.
Well there are my answers to the Christmas Quiz. You may have noticed I left out two questions, but I didn't like them as they were too hard to answer.
If you have filled out one of these quizzes, please leave me a link, I'd love to read them!!